5 Places to See in Henderson, NC
The city of Henderson is located close to Durham and Raleigh, North Carolina’s capital city. Interestingly, Henderson got its name from Leonard Henderson, a former Supreme Court Justice from North Carolina. Henderson residents enjoy a variety of nature-based activities to participate in as well as a number of museums and restaurants.
1. The Vance County Regional Farmers Market — This market is open on Wednesday and Saturday from May to October, which is the peak season for fresh produce. Other than the freshest local vegetables and fruits, you will also find handmade crafts and baked delicacies, along with poultry, fresh eggs, jellies, and jams. It is also a great place to grow your green thumb knowledge with help from local farmers. Buying the freshest and most colorful vegetables and fruits is a tremendous delight for many.
2. The Vance County Historical Museum — The quality of historic exhibits, especially the Civil War portraits, is excellent at this small but mighty museum. You will find many historically significant photographs and stamp books along with other artifacts. Spend some time marveling at how well these American treasures have been preserved for so many years.
3. The Raleigh Road Outdoor Theatre — Watch movies from the comfort of your own vehicle at this theatre in Henderson. The prices are also very reasonable, which makes it a really great option for date night or the whole family. If atmosphere and price are two of your guiding aspects for entertainment, this is definitely a place to be. Don’t forget, if you need a more comfortable car to watch the movie from, check out our new and used vehicle inventory online today
4. The Cracker Barrel — If you’re looking for pancakes in Henderson, this is the place to go. Cracker Barrel is a classic for a reason, it’s consistent and downright delicious. The restaurant provides excellent value for money and is loaded with convenient menu items such as blackened chicken Caesar Salad, hash brown casserole, and hamburger steak all at great prices.
5. The Kerr Lake State Recreation Area — This is an excellent place if you are looking for a quiet camping site. Even if it doesn’t have all the facilities you might be looking for, the Kerr Lake State Recreation area is the perfect place to enjoy a day by the water. Along with a number of lovely spots to walk, you can also rent a boat if you want to keep the good times rolling.